Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Justice Interview - Audio Video Disco - Art of Noize



"We wanted the last record to sound like it made for the night, and for the city, and we made the new record thinking about daytime and the country side"

After listening to the last Justice album, The Cross, for the last 4 years and watching it influence other artists' style,  the people should generally agree that it is am album for the night. I first discovered Justice by watching a Michael Jackson/ Justice video of Genesis. They took the video from Thriller and replaced the sound with the audio of Genesis. Genius!

With that in mind, all records released by Justice has portrayed a genuine attraction to aggression. Waters of Nazareth sounds perfect in Grand Theft Auto 4. I beat the game 2 days ago, and I still joy ride when either Sebastian's remix of Testerossa Overdrive or Waters of Nazareth. (I know, I'm late.) I'll get 4 stars and play "catch me if you can" with the cops just cause the song is playing.

It's electro house, It's hard and violent but still fun and full of positive energy!

I'm ridiculously anticipating this new album from Justice! I heard a snippet of Helix and it immediately reminded "Arabest" by Sebastian with the whole computer funk sound. I still haven't moved on to that style of producing.

I'm mainly influenced by the Cross album's hard electro basses, but I've recently noticed Ed Banger releasing electro funk records with short micro vocal samples. This technique can be found on Stress and Genesis, Threnody by Sebastian, and First Love by Uffie and Mr. Oizo. I think the corps will be using it more.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment