Friday, September 2, 2011

Do Not Steal: Audio Video Disco - The New Justice Album! - Coming October 25th


Justice created one of the most influential sounds of the last decade. Most of the music I hear today have recognizable similarities to the distorted sounds of Justice. Mstrkrft, Feadz, Mr. Oizo, Sebastian, myself, and Boyz Noize, just to name and few.

I have been totally reprogramed with their music. Why? Because of the fact that they had confidence and audacity to carry an illuminated cross everywhere they performed after naming their debut album after it. Their first track off of their first album, Genesis, is a funky mixture of distortion and organization. The way the the slap bass accents the movement of their grungy synth bass keeps the beat moving and interesting. Their ablility to filter, side chain, and program samples to come in and fill in gaps seamlessly with mix says a lot about the education and technique behind their form of electro clash.

Their impressive techniques, arrangement style, as choice of distorted synths to create energy, compelled me to start making my own "Christian disco." For most of this year I've been trying to mimic their style and presence to create my interpretation of what I thing electro rock is. I've read that actions like these are ultimate forms of respect. I'm probably their biggest fan!

Their last album was an ensemble of mostly funk rock bass synths, energetic hi hats and drums and soulful strings, but this new album will have a 70's progressive rock sound. Their new song Helix sounds like it would make you want to save the world, while their other song, Civilization sounds they invited Queen into the studio. I have not heard Parade but Prince had a song with the same title. I wonder if it sounds anything like the old one.

Whatever the case may be, I would hope that you buy the album rather then stealing it. It will be available all over the place come October 25th, buy it from iTunes or Amazon or something! Don't be a thief!

Do you agree or disagree? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment